Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Want to Go Shopping

Ever notice how things suddenly carry more weight when you say them out loud? When I started this post, I wanted to go shopping. Then I used that as the title, and the need became needier. Then I said it out loud, affirming that I do, indeed, want to go shopping. As in, right. this. minute! Obviously that's impossible, as I've got work to do at my day job and I'm currently the only one in the office. Leaving, to go shopping would go over like a lead balloon. There is, however, online...Did you see that Banana Republic Factory is having a one day sale on Saturday? (click on the link) I rather think 30% off everything is a deal. Especially if you're purchasing clearance items. I'm a big fan of factory or outlet shopping. I like the feel of hundreds of shops, laying in wait for my arrival. The scent of deep discounts in the air, and the thrill of the hunt. And for today only, Loft has 30% off cropped pants, in store and on-line. I think I shall now refer to Thursdays as Thirty off Thursdays, as it seems like its a budding trend in the retail world. I don't mind, you keep those discounts rolling retailers. It's a subconscious thing, really. At least with me. I see the word "sale" and my debit card practically leaps out shouting spend! spend! SPEND! at the top of it's lungs. If only money would leap into my wallet just as fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment