Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Image Consultant?

The last few weeks have involved a lot LOT of brainstorming...how, who, how much; and the like, of starting Wilhelmina Miltonburn on paper and launching her as business. Oy, my brain hurts. Did it though, the official Facebook page is up and invites have gone out to garner some "Likes". I have a special surprise for the attendees of an event I've been invited to tonight...Anita's Clothing Alterations (239-495-2422) has so very kindly agreed to give my customers (MY CUSTOMERS! whoa) a special discount; which i will unveil later this week. I don't want anybody to know before I get to tell (I'm big on surprises, LOVE 'em!)

So, the title of this wee lil post is "Image Consultant" and that term has arisen quite a few times lately by people I've been discussing the new venture with. I don't like it. And here's why: I don't like the word. I'm not working for images, or to build images. I am doing this namely because it's insanely fun for me, and I rather think that the ladies I'm working with enjoy it too. There's something about being put together, how you feel inside when you feel good wearing something. And if you feel good wearing a t-shirt with Sponge Bob Squarepants on it and acid washed jeans, then by all means: ROCK it. But if you are looking for a way to work that cartoon t-shirt into your wardrobe without looking like you crawled out of the sandbox; I'm your girl. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment