Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Moms Night Out"

My church has these awesome special interest groups, where like minded people get together and do things. All sorts of things: running, motorcycle riding, hanging out etc.; which brings me to the title of this post: Moms Night Out. This is a group of (yes, right: moms)  that get together once a month, sans-fils ('without children' if you don't know my poor rendition of French) and eat, shop, talk and hang out. Recently, I was invited to join this incredible group of child rearing warriors as a guest to help with fashion woes; discuss tips, tricks and how to's. I got very excited at once, because this is SO. MUCH. FUN. (yes, those are supposed to be one word sentences; awesome right?!) And really, it is a blast. These wonderful ladies comment on my outfits and abilities often and I jumped at the opportunity to help them, and tell them how I do it. IT= all things on my person with regard to clothing, jewelry, and as it happens, skincare. Which, can I tell you, totally took me by surprise! In the middle of some of my mindless prattle about clothes (it's a blur) my skin was brought up. It was a little overwhelming, because it's my skin, I don't really see anything out of the ordinary there...but share share away I did. AND i posted today via Polyvore my skincare regime so that everyone can see...which I find is also posting here to my blog, so you don't really have to follow that link! Ha!
Anyway, those ladies last night were so welcoming, and encouraging and genuinely interested in what i had to impart, that i left feeling a little like a celebrity. I went to bed last night with my mind just a racing as to what else i can say, who else i can help and how i can go about it. I'm going to re-do 3 closets next weekend of 3 attendees and i'm very excited at the prospect of what could be created. Really, aside from the high that shopping brings, the thrill of what can be created is paramount. This is silly, yes. I should be plotting some sort of world peace, or financial domination. Instead, I'm about to re-organize closets and make outfit upon outfit complete with shoes and accessories too... And it WILL. BE. AWESOME. (I did it again there, you see?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment