Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Whats in a Name?

My business cards came today!  The printer messed 'em up a smidge, but unless i need to return them to get another press run, I'm going to use them. Someone in my office (my day job) asked me: "What the heck is Wilhelmina Miltonburn?!" Well my friends, let me tell you, because I'm sure that question will be on repeat for a W H I L E. The answer to that is a novella, and a bit of background on yours truly...

Once upon a time in a land far away, in the great North close to Canada, where calfs are born in the front yard and veggie gardens are grown in the back; grew a young girl (c'est moi!). And at some preteen juncture, i started to get very interested in English literature and poetry and such. I began to write poems and short stories that won awards and contests and got myself published (several times, if i dare toot my own horn). And, as any youngster can attest, the minute you enter the spotlight, you are mocked for it. So, to avoid being made fun of, and the ensuing embarassment; I changed my name and created the alter-me: the she who would write and be creative and get all the glory for my inner awesomeness.

Since those long ago years, I've kept her around. When signing up for emails, or coupons or anything online, she gets the user name and password and all the spam, while my own account stays junk free and keeps a blissfully small inbox. And just like those angst filled childhood years, anytime i write now, Wilhelmina does it, and I hang out in her shadow.  And now we embark on an entirely new adventure together: creating Wilhelmina Miltonburn- a wardrobe consulting business; employee of 1. (bows)

Welcome, and be prepared to wear your awesome on the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment