Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Giving Summer the Boot

I adore Fall: the transition from warm, sing song days to frozen nostrils and numb toes in boots...apple cider, cake donuts and down blankets; and the clothes! Oh the clothes. And BOOTS. I'm going to talk about boots. So bear with me, this could get worse before it gets better; and I get around to my point. I'm a big girl. I don't have ankles (well, OK, so I obviously do, else how would i walk?!, but they are invisible to the naked eye and cloaked in the rest of my calf) and consequently, because I lack ankles, my legs decided that since they didn't have a ladylike graceful taper, that they might as well just go all willy-nilly and not have any shape at all... Aaaaand back to boots. I love the look of a boot. Short, tall, over the knee, ankle, "shootie": you name it, I like it. But, boots are not 'me' friendly. I know far more women like me, who lament their lackluster stalks than those who belong on Dancing with the Stars. So if you're reading this, and saying to yourself  "Amen sister!!", then follow me, and I will give you some recommendations, some personal recommendations for boots that I've found that fit. Yep. Fit my bad, muscular self.
 
DSW: Check out the "Bare Traps" Style. I've a few of those mid-calf darlings, and they fit. No zipper strength required. 

Nine West: They don't label theirs very well, so I suggest going in store to try on. I have two pair, and they are so well worn (because I can never find others!!!) that I can't read the name or the item number on the label.

I've been toying with boot talk for a few weeks now, since I've been seeing them all over the trend-o-sphere and fashion bulletins I decided it was time to give it a go. That, and the trees are starting to turn in my neck of the woods and it was 40 some degrees this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment