Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Working at Home

I do, in fact, have a day job, er... "career" and an actual office in which to perform said job. During the slow summer months of real estate in Southwest Florida when only the rain clouds make a daily appearance, I work remotely, from home in Western New York. Generally, one of the highlights of my days is getting dressed/ready for work. I derive great enjoyment from "putting my face on", assembling my accessories and watching myself come together. Working from home has stripped me of that all important (and fun) regimen. Frankly, and don't judge, some days I don't wear undergarments. I'm in my house people. In front of a laptop, careening through the internet and communicating via email and instant message. This type of virtual work does not require panties, you see? Anyways...I'm missing the anticipation of seeing people, gauging their reactions and responses to what I'm wearing. The cobalt blue pencil skirt, the pastel linen pants or the t-shirt with the silver zebra on it. I'm thinking of actually putting some makeup on so that I can video chat with a friend in FL just for a hit of that all important human interaction. I did have to run some errands this morning, so today I do have actual clothing on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment