Monday, August 27, 2012

The Mirror has Two Faces: Well, Not Quite.

Intriguing title, no? I wanted to fill this post with a few links that would support what I'm about to say; at least something scientifically veritable, but after a few maligned Google attempts, I gave up. So, I've included what I did find, but I'm not happy about it. If you've had me over to re-imagine and re-purpose your closet and existing wardrobe, you are familiar with the power of the camera. (For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, or where I'm going with this: 1. You'll see when you hire me, and 2. When I start to make outfits out of your current wardrobe, much of the time you won't be comfortable with what I've done (It takes a little getting used to, this mad genius of mine) until I make you take a picture of it with your smart phone or iPad or some such, and then the clouds part, the heavenly light shines down and you smile like its Christmas morning.) When we ourselves look at something, we see it one way. Our way. But when we take a picture of them, we see them as others see them. A little like looking in the mirror, we are used to seeing our face, reflecting back at us.  When I lay out outfits, I can see them, like the camera sees them, in my mind. A super power, to be sure (wink). These outfits that are sometimes out of the box, and often completely unimagined by their owners can be a little hard to swallow; but all it takes is a few snaps of the magic shutterbug, and you're ready for the runway.

If you're ready for a wardrobe makeover and want to see this awesome camera magic for yourself, click on over to my Facebook page to book a session, or shoot me an email to get started!

1 comment: