Thursday, August 30, 2012

The End of Summer?

Technically: the end of Summer according to the fashion world is upon us (although my calendar says Sept 23rd)  Literally: Not in FL. In the sunny sunny South, summer extends on into the wee dregs of the year, through October and November when the rest of the world starts to refrigerate and in some parts freeze (homage to my home town peeps in WNY, where it was 41 this morning!). I'm wondering what the best way to segue into the Fall trends would be? This video courtesy of Fab Sugar suggests booties. At the very end the host pitches booties and sundresses. One of my avid Facebook followers (Thank You Michelle Hurtley) pointed out that she didn't think sundresses and booties were a fit for her. I'm thinking they're not a fit for me either, but for aesthetic reasons (see my post about lack of ankles and shapeless legs) Ultimately, I think fashion means what fashion is to you. Follow the trends. Try a few. Buy a bootie. But if you don't think the media hounds are playing the right angle for you personally, then don't do it. Because in the end, if you're not comfortable, and you don't like the way you look, then what's the point? Ah, the point; back to my post for today: transitioning from Summer to Fall in FL. I like the idea of the bootie. It says cooler temperatures are on the horizon, but it's still warm enough to keep the leg visible. I have been lately, and probably will remain fascinated with cardigans. Love 'em. They come in all lengths, all fabrics, some plain, some bedecked and bejewelled. Pick the right cardi and you don't need jewelry! Use them as jackets, over a sundress, or cropped pants. Try some lightweight scarves with a 3/4 length t-shirt. That's what I'm about. Mmmhhmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment